1511 New York 22, Brewster, NY 10509, USA

The dispenser that I use for the 5 gallon water jugs in my home broke. At this point, I am unable/unwilling to buy a new dispenser.

So, I returned the empty bottles (6) to the local Acme in Brewster, NY. I received the exchange tickets and explained my situation and they told me that they don't give cash and referred me to Poland Springs. I called and explained my situation and they told me they don't redeem them for cash, and instead put the focus on why I had 6 bottles. After I had to explain that I don't go to the store every week and in the past, when I got 5 gallon bottles from Sam's Club, or BJ's, they would constantly run out, so it became the norm for me to buy extra.

Aside from that, what's their business how many I buy. One thing that is for sure, is that they are useless. She said that the bottles are mine to keep, because you are actually BUYING them. Well, once you put them in the metal receptacle and get the exchange ticket, how do I keep them, and why would I want them.

Be wary of this. In my estimation, this whole bottled water is a SCAM to begin with. But, if buying 5 gallon water jugs, buy NO FRILLS water at price clubs. If you no longer want/need them, they will redeem for cash.

The rep on the phone was rude and when I asked that maybe they could send me coupons for their product, just to make me feel that I got something, they said absolutely not. Very sad that a MULTI BILLION DOLLAR company can't handle this better.

If I do buy another dispenser, I won't use Poland Spring, and maybe I'll think about using different bottle water also.

Product or Service Mentioned: Poland Spring Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Poland Spring Cons: Customer service attitude company policy for 5 gallon returns, Customer service.

Comments

I have exactly the same problem with 5 bottles ( 5gal) that I have no use. Stop and shop won't take take for refund.