Fitchburg, Massachusetts
3.0

I emailed Poland Spring about this issue, and was told that it was not a quality issue on their end. I only have trouble with the gallon and 2.5 gallon jugs tasting off- none of the other bottles or even the 3L containers have this flavor. I find it virtually undrinkable, and it leaves me feeling thirstier than I had in the first place. After months of this, I emailed the company and received the following response:

"Thank you for contacting Poland Spring® Brand Natural Spring Water regarding your experience with our product. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your experience. Your feedback is valued and helps us further improve our products and services.

It is common to some extent for all food products to pick up slight taste characteristics from their respective packaging material. Bottled water is very pure and has no flavor characteristics like other food items. Other flavors may be more easily recognizable. This is especially true for distilled water because virtually all minerals have been removed.

We perform regular testing on our finished products to ensure their quality and safety. Processing and packaging used in the production of bottled water, like other food products, is highly regulated. All the packaging materials we use are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

We recommend storing product in a clean, cool, odorless environment away from direct sunlight or freezing temperatures.

Even sealed bottles that are exposed to warmer temperatures can more readily pick up a slight plastic taste, and bottles stored near other items that have a more pronounced odor can pick up an odor or taste from those items. Storage conditions at all points - our delivery, at the store warehouse as well as on-shelf, and at home - are all very important in the bottled water industry.

The FDA recommends using bottled water products within two years of its production date and you'll find the production date code and the best use by date on the shoulder/neck of the bottles we produce. "

Product or Service Mentioned: Poland Spring Bottled Water.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments