Manchester, New Hampshire
7.4K views

I have always enjoyed poland springs water, until the last few months. Every once in a while a gallon would have a very strong taste to it, infact it would leave an after taste in my mouth, couldn't drink it.

Every week I buy 6 gallons of poland springs water, don't always shop at the same grocery store. This last week I purchased my usual 6 gal. and every jug of it was putrid tasting. This was purchased at our local shurefine store.

Anyway went to hannafords and bought some more poland springs and this is fine. I hate to change brands but I also hate to keep shelling out cash for a product I can't use.

Comments

I bought 4 gallons from a Stop & Shop in NJ about a week ago. I opened one & noticed the taste was bad - like a toxic/plastic taste.

So I dumped it down the drain. Opened a 2nd one and same thing. I am returning the other unopened ones tomorrow.

It's not worth paying the extra price for this supposed "spring water". I may as well stick with the Stop & Shop brand for half the price.

@Anonymous

Same thing happened to me. Bought two gallons from Wegmans in NJ. Awful chemical and plastic smell and taste.

I bought a case of poland spring water bottles at walmart in hudson nh today. It smells like chemicals.

A very long time ago i bought mini bottles that had what looked like crumbled concrete in a few. If you call you only get a coupon for more of their stinky water...

I bought a gallon of PS today and it taste like a plastic

Agree. I buy the 2.5 gallon still water (not the flavored, carbonated stuff) and at least 1 in 4 jugs smells bad.

Reminiscent of the right-from-the-lake stuff we drank at summer camp as kids in the old days. Fantastic in May. Not so great in August.

Looking for an alternative. I mean, at least arsenic wouldn’t stink, would it?

Water taste like plastic never a problem before but had to trash it what a waste of money.

Cheria

I’ve always like Poland spring better than any other brand. I usually leave a bottle around do when I’m thirsty I’ll have a drink.

It is not uncommon for me to have the same bottle going for a couple of days. Yesterday, I went to finish s bottle and the water smelled like skunk. Not kidding.

It is horrible. Where can I send that to be tested?

Missi
@Cheria

Same thing just happened to me

@Missi

Same thing just happened to me! I thought I refilled the bottle with tap water and forgot but the next bottle after it sat out overnight tasted skunk too!

I had to google if anyone else had the same experience.

Thought I was going crazy till I saw these comments. Guess I’ll have to start buying a different brand.

I’ve been buying PS my whole life and just the passed few months I had been experiencing harsh plastic and chemical aftertastes. This has resulted in me getting constant headaches. Very disappointing

@Anonymous

The poland spring 16 oz bottles I bought recently all taste bitter. I googled to see if other people have experienced this and sure enough discovered it's not just me. I'm going to use the rest of the bottles as plant water and buy a different brand from now on.

@Anonymous

I have the same problem my water has been tasting like plastic also what the heck is going on been getting this water for years never a problem check it out poland spring

I get 5 gallon bottles delivered to the house and last night I was about to change the water when I noticed something on the bottle. When it wouldn’t wipe off I realized it was inside the bottle.

After shining a flashlight through the bottom of the bottle I could see that it was a spider with an egg sack and a web and was attached to the side of the inside of the bottle!!! DO NOT DRINK AND DO NOT BUT ANY PS BOTTLED WATER!!!

I’ve been having the same issue

Isidore

I buy cases of PS bottled water from Costco monthly and the recent batch gave me a bad aftertaste and slight burning sensation in my throat. First thing obvious was the printed label on the bottles are now darker and the spring source information is somewhat different as compared with a bottle from a previous batch I had. Anyone know were I can send the water to be tested?

@Isidore

Just experienced the same aftertaste and slight burning sensation in my throat. When did the symptoms dissipate?

@Anonymous

I be been drinking ps water for years since this July my throat has been burning omg I said to myself let c if others has had any issues sure enough I'm not crazy

@Isidore

Same here they don’t seem to care much. My husbands tongue went numb

@Isidore

Ok. Glad to see I’m not the only one.

Been drinking PS for years. Opened a gallon today and it tastes and smells toxic. I only had a couple sips but this can’t be good.

Should I call customer service? Has anyone had it tested.

Mikeyla

Yes, I myself encountered the same... Are we getting the product we are supposed to be getting ????

or is the company Cheating us.

We by our water a cosco ... its awful

Poland Spring Reviews